- Version 2.2
- Download 107
- File Size 28.51 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 8 April 2020
- Last Updated 21 April 2020
Goldrush 2.2 full version, releasedate: October 10th, 2005
Goldrush is a multiplayer mod for Soldier of Fortune 2!
To play Goldrush 2.2 you NEED to have the SOFII 1.03 patch (Gold) installed!
* Make sure you delete all versions of Goldrush before version 2.0... Goldrush 2.0 and up are NOT compatible with older version (mixing 2.0 (and up) with older versions WILL cause problems!).
* Please extract all files from the zip into your sof2 folder...
* This will create a goldrush folder for you with 6 pk3-files, docs folder and a lot of small files and documents!
* Please read the documents as it will help you to get most out of our mod!
The Goldrush mod focuses on gameplay, but it also has a nice admin/refereesystem and many useful features. It will be hard to name them all, but these features are probably the most important ones (most features are optional!!):
* autobalance system for teamgames
* anticamp system
* realistic speed: add weights to weapons, items, gametype-items, health/armor and certain movements. Examples:
- players running a knife are usually faster than someone running around with a m60
- players who carry a gametype-item (flag, briefcase or bomb) are usually slower
- wounded players are slower than healthy players
- ever saw someone running as fast backwards as they run forward?
* extra gore: more realistic blood, easier dismemberment, flying bodyparts, some cool effect
* 21 gametypes: we added 15 gametypes; so together with the 6 standard gametype we have a total of 21 great gametypes
* 17 great community maps that deserve to be played (some maps are big/medium, some are small)
* 2 new RMG terrains: an updated version of Booda's Australia, and Egypt (in Goldrush RMG maps support ALL gametypes)
* a great admin/referee system to give trustworthy players some extra powers without the need to give away your rconpassword
* medals and stats
* a serversided 3rd person mode (2 modes)
* mapvotingsystem at the end of the map; this way the players are the ones who decide what map is played next
* tokens and soundtokens (can be combined) for use in the chat
* improved bots
* 2 new types of friendly fire:
- shared : both players receive 50% of the damage
- reflect: the attacker receives 100% of the damage
* tons of options to enable/disable things that cant be done in SOF2, like:
- strafejumps (2 types)
- enemy crosshair (great when you disable teamicons)
- radarhud (allows you to see the direction of gametype-items, but only when they aren't carried by a player)
- pickup dropped weapons for extra ammo or extra guns (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- dead players can drop small medikits (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- infrared scopes for MSG90A1 and/or SIG551
- use of multible weaponfiles (but one at a time)
- and a lot more!
* some other useful options:
- bad word filter
- alert messages that give info on gametime, roundtime and the number of players in your team
- roundbased gametypes now can swap teams every xxx rounds (useful to balance maps)
- most gametypes have their own cvars that affect the way the gametype is played
- compass (clientsided)
- shoot the weapon out of your enemies hands (notice that they can do the same to you :D)
- and a lot more!
* an autoscreenshot function for players to make awesome screenshots of your headshots and explosive kills
* players can setup their own headshot text
* many more!
Want to make the game more realistic? Or faster? Or a combination of both? It is all possible...