Smiley face

Forum Index    Search    Usergroups    Edit your profile    Members    Arcade    Ranks

Reputation    Medals    Staff    Statistics    Board Rules    Forum FAQ    Log in 

Search for at
Soldier Of Fortune 2 Advanced Search

Soldier Of Fortune 2 Forum Index » Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Double Helix - SOF2 General Support » SOF 2 MP 1.3 Crashes on Startup (WIN 8.1)
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrider21
Poster Member
Poster Member

blank.png 
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am
PostPost subject: sof2 SOF 2 MP 1.3 Crashes on Startup (WIN 8.1)

Much like a previous post made below, Soldier of Fortune 2 MP refuses to run on a laptop running Windows 8.1. When I run the executable, it brings up the console window, enters the black screen with "Loading..." and crashes ("SoF2MP.exe has stopped"). This is really beginning to frustrate me, since I am using another computer that uses Windows 7 and it works like a charm (No patch needed).

The graphics device seems to be from Intel, and I've tried updating the drivers. In addition, I have tried running version 1.0 of the game, running compatibility modes (Win7 nor WinXP SP3 works), and tried a fix that provided some hope (ability to enter game), but ended up with a "Bad System Trap UI 179" message after hitting join server. Also tried renaming to quake3.exe.

Any help is welcome. Thank you! :)

EDIT - Finally got it to work this morning, found out a couple things while doing so. The "System Trap" error was caused by a sort of version mismatch with a fixed executable I ended up using. Apparently it belonged to version 1.0 of the game, so I had to reinstall to downgrade the game's files. Also, if you're going to uninstall and reinstall, be sure you delete the entire SoF2 folder, since the Autoplay's uninstaller didn't seem to do this.

Anyhow, after bringing it to version 1.0 again, download the execuatable below. I don't know exactly how it works (other than just a renaming to mohaa.exe) but it seemed to fix my crashes perfectly. Place it in the SoF2 game folder, and run it to play multiplayer. Worked just fine in a match using the Evolve client for LAN.

Video where executable was found - https://youtu.be/Irss7q0k--w
Download "Fixed" Executable - https://www.mediafire.com/?uw0pr1upjtt91v2
Evolve Client ( cause why not, ha ha ) - https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome
Sponsor
Teo
Owner
Owner
Administrator
Administrator

In Game: Teo

Italy.png 
votes: 6
Medals: 6 (View more...)
Distinguished Uploader (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:18 am
PostPost subject: No icon Re: SOF 2 MP 1.3 Crashes on Startup (WIN 8.1)

Hello, just allow the sof2mp.exe in the windows firewall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ricordalo
Soldier Of Fortune 2 Forum Index »  Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Double Helix - SOF2 General Support

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: