VPS Server installation
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> SOF2 installation

#1: No icon VPS Server installation Author: corse89 PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 pm
    —
Hi guys,

Just wanted to check, is the tutorial at http://www.sof2.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=70&mode=&order=0&thold=0 still working? . I tried it and the part where i had to do this, chattr +i libcxa.so.1 , it kept saying No such file or directory found. What do you think the problem could be?

I tried it on Debian 8 x64

Thanks for reading!

#2: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:47 am
    —
that's not important just skip it!

#3: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: corse89 PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm
    —
./sof2ded: error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran into this error when attempting the, sh start.sh file. I do know that i do not have a server.cfg file in the directory so the server will not start, but i think this error is caused by something else. What could it be?

p.s where can i find a server.cfg server config file for a pure server? If i have to make my own one, what are the essential code in the config for the server to startup? I just want to get the server up and running. Thanks !

#4: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:03 pm
    —
that is because is missing lib32 in your server... try running this:

Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates curl lib32gcc1 libstdc++5 libstdc++5:i386

#5: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: corse89 PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 am
    —
I still seem to get the same error after running those  commands

./sof2ded: error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Not quite sure what could be the problem here  Question

#6: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:06 am
    —
corse89 wrote (View Post):
I still seem to get the same error after running those  commands

Not quite sure what could be the problem here  Question

I don't know, if you like you can give me by PM the root access for your VPS and I could have a look for you.

#7: No icon Re: VPS Server installation Author: BuLLy PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:28 am
    —
The problem is your need to add the libcxa file to your VPS's library.

go to /etc/lib (it may take a while to load)

Upload the libcxa.so.1 to the /lib directory and set permissions (644 should do it)

You should then be able to start your server via SSH without any problems.

Hope that helps, it me up if not, more than happy to help you out.

Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> SOF2 installation

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1