Screen resolution
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Double Helix - SOF2 General Support

#1: No icon Screen resolution Author: DeadVision PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:01 pm
    —
Hello

When i open the Gold Version (i downloaded it from this site), it all works fine, but the the resolution is too small. My game is being played inside a very small box. I tried adjusting the settings in game, but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thx in advance!

#2: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:21 am
    —
navigate to:
sof2mp.cfg (if you are using any mod look for it in that folder)
and change the :
seta r_fullscreen "0"
in:
seta r_fullscreen "1"

then save the file and restart the game.

#3: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: Punisher PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:39 pm
    —
If you mean the "Black bars", there is a patch on sof2 which allows u to use other screen resolutions like 1080p, 720p etc...

I don't know if i'm allowed to upload the file on our website, gotta ask henkie or boe!man for that, so for now here is the link: (registration on the website probably needed to be able to download it),

#4: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:43 pm
    —
do you mean this?

http://www.sof2.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=586

#5: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: Punisher PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:16 pm
    —
Teo wrote (View Post):
do you mean this?

No that's Squizzy's patch, that one usually fucks up your game (giving green blocks instead of the icons and text), and will drop your framerates from 300 to 50.

This one is from the 1fx. guys, and works much better and doesn't give you to much of a fps drop.

Description on their page:
Quote:

This exe allows that r_mode can be set to -1, with this you can set a custom resolution using r_customwidth and r_customheight.

It also removes the printing of system info which causes crashes sometimes.

Note: I asked Henkie for permission to upload the file to our database, awaiting his respons.

#6: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:51 pm
    —
this website is not our database, is a sof2 community website.. files are for all this is how it stands for

#7: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: Punisher PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:06 pm
    —
Teo wrote (View Post):
this website is not our database, is a sof2 community website.. files are for all this is how it stands for

with "our" i mean the websites database, as some developers rather like it to be a certain website exclusive download.
If i'm able to reach the developer then i always ask for permission to reupload it, if i'm unable to reach the developer e.g. no contacting point, no email or things like that, or a dead website, then i simply note it to be free to reupload it.

#8: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: Archerian PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:14 pm
    —
Punisher wrote (View Post):
Teo wrote (View Post):
do you mean this?

No that's Squizzy's patch, that one usually fucks up your game (giving green blocks instead of the icons and text), and will drop your framerates from 300 to 50.

This one is from the 1fx. guys, and works much better and doesn't give you to much of a fps drop.

Description on their page:
Quote:

This exe allows that r_mode can be set to -1, with this you can set a custom resolution using r_customwidth and r_customheight.

It also removes the printing of system info which causes crashes sometimes.

Note: I asked Henkie for permission to upload the file to our database, awaiting his respons.

Any response on that yet? Smile

#9: No icon Re: Screen resolution Author: Punisher PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:42 am
    —
Sorry, been busy past weeks.
I got permission to upload, will do it later today or tomorrow. Wink

Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Double Helix - SOF2 General Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1