SOF2 Reboot
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> General Chat

#31: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: revoxis PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:29 pm
    —
Well there's nothing wrong with making the maps a bit different, at least my plan isn't to put sof2 in a new jacket, everything needs to be remodelled and maps will be more modern (mp_shop) will have lots of wood/concrete and aluminium, weapons will be almost the same with a few new ones added. fast gameplay with lots of gore  Smile

#32: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm
    —
revoxis wrote (View Post):
Well there's nothing wrong with making the maps a bit different, at least my plan isn't to put sof2 in a new jacket, everything needs to be remodelled and maps will be more modern (mp_shop) will have lots of wood/concrete and aluminium, weapons will be almost the same with a few new ones added. fast gameplay with lots of gore  Smile

Gore is very important, as it's sof's reputation.  Twisted Evil

#33: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: KENNITHHLocation: Belgium PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 pm
    —
So I've got some other news aswell.

I just managed to get the animations of SoF2 into 3dsmax, now we only need an animator if we stay at SOF2 instead of UE4 ^^

#34: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: revoxis PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:13 pm
    —
Kennith you know me, i'm off to UE4, Q3 is fun but no it can't keep up with the modern technology, The guys @jk2 are already behind as the systems are going under heavy development and new technics are being introduced every update.

#35: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 pm
    —
I think using Unreal Engine would be better.
Trying to reproduce sof2, giving it a new style but keeping the gameplay nearly the same.
And honestly trying to make it a "Free Community Game" or something,

#36: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: revoxis PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am
    —
Our idea was, to recreate sof2 on UE4 for community but also for eSports, sof deserves a place in the eSports scene

#37: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:37 am
    —
You mean eSports in Competitive, Tournaments etc...

#38: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Hitch PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:38 pm
    —
sof has definitly to go on a higher end engine imho too, esports yeah, sof deserves it more than plenty of current gen games. I'm nowhere near completion of redoing mp_jor1, but I can already show a little something. I mostly spent my time creating the best belnding materials possible (floor), and importing some models. I guess it's a start.

material blending

random test, trying to make that canopy look great, not there yet

some bump offset map

Kennith, is your name in sof2 kennith too ? Like yellow and black ? haha, and nice pointer on the movement porting from Q3 to UT !
Mark, amazing jbo on the weapons ! Can't wait to get in touch, I added you on skype.

hutch

#39: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 am
    —
It already looks good, m8.

#40: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Hitch PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:57 pm
    —
Thanks a lot Punisher. Can't wait for you to finish your exams haha, courage !

#41: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 pm
    —
Hitch wrote (View Post):
Thanks a lot Punisher. Can't wait for you to finish your exams haha, courage !

only a week to go, Thursday i'm done.

#42: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Punisher PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:41 am
    —
I'm done, I'll try to take a look into the UDK engine and i'll take probably a while to study the structure and use of the program.

#43: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Missie PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:32 pm
    —
Thats such an amazing year. Haven't played SoF for ages and still miss it so much.
I wish I could help in creating the new game, but I don't think I can contribute anything useful.
If you still think there is some easy stuff, let me know :)

Hope to see the day when you guys make this work  very happy

#44: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: Hitch PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:27 am
    —
Hey missie, well, it's kind of "in a stand by", even though we still share ideas and knowledges. You can join our slack channel by providing me your e-mail (so I can send you an invitation).

#45: No icon Re: SOF2 Reboot Author: TeoLocation: Milan PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:02 am
    —
Hitch wrote (View Post):
Hey missie, well, it's kind of "in a stand by", even though we still share ideas and knowledges. You can join our slack channel by providing me your e-mail (so I can send you an invitation).

Hitch, why dont you just use this board? i can give you the moderation of a dedicated forum.. is easier

Soldier Of Fortune 2 -> General Chat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 4