Thanks for considering 1fx. Mod!
This is the download for 1fx. Mod 0.70. This release is from the Testing branch, meaning it might contain some instability issues but can generally be used on live servers without too many problems.
If you have any questions pre- or post install, you can ask them on the 1fx. Mod board.
[!] You should verify the downloaded package prior to using it on live servers, the MD5 hash for this archive is:d9b7dc1bf84d226665229ca20269833b
There are some anomalies about this release you should be aware of:
- This version runs on Windows and Linux, the Linux build requires 1fxlib to run (check the Start Linux Server.sh script).
- Since this release is Shared Library only, you should use the new Start Windows Server.bat or Start Linux Server.sh script, or manually start with "+set vm_game 0" in the commandline yourself.
- This release has a SQLite backend. You cannot use your old files and our converter isn't ready to be released yet. If you wish to hold on to your Admins, bans etc. we suggest you stick to the LTS branch until 0.80 is out (and a proper converter with it).
- Deploying a DLL/SO on a server has security risks, since it's the same as running an executable of which you never fully know what it does. For this, we've set up a Q&A, which you can find here.
Post bugs here: Bug Tracker.
Highlights in this release:
- Switch from QVM to Shared Libraries.
- Added Gametype code in the game module (no need for seperate gametype files (QVMs or Dynamic Libraries) anymore).
- Added SQLite Library (3.7.14) to the Mod, includes various fixes for cross compatibility with 1fxlib.
- Added multi-threading for specific tasks (pthreads).
... and many more additions and fixes.
You can see the full changelog here.
Upgrading from LTS (1fx. Mod 0.60/0.61):
Please only follow these steps when upgrading from a release in the LTS branch, else do a clean install instead.
For this release, because of the switch from QVM to Shared Libary, we highly recommend to do a clean install in all cases.
If you do wish to upgrade, these are the steps. Please follow them carefully:
- Delete the 'country' directory. Delete the 'vm' directory. Delete the 'Start Server.bat' file and upload the 'Start Windows Server.bat' or 'Start Linux Server.bat' file found in the archive.
- Upload the 'core' directory.
- Upload the 'users' directory (please empty the folder if already present, also see the important notes).
- Upload the 'sof2mp_gamex86.dll' and 'sof2mp_gamei386.so' files to the RPM folder, they are found in the archive.
*** How to set up a 1fx. Mod based server ***
For those interested I present to you a quick tutorial to get your server up and running in no time!
This is a small tutorial for those setting up their first home server (on Windows). These steps don't work for those using a rented server or those using Linux/Mac/*BSD.
You should run your server on vanilla settings. You should use another installation of SoF2 to play. Thus it's recommended that you download a clean install of SoF2. You can do that from here: SoF2 Download.
Once you've downloaded the necessary files we continue:
- Extract the 1fx. Mod 0.70.zip to a temporary folder.
- Move the RPM folder to your SoF2 directory. It's recommended to delete your old RPM folder and replace it with this one.
- Edit your Config.cfg.
- The last part of the Config file is vital. If you wish to run a server with a mapcycle:
// ***End CVARs***
writeconfig "sof2mp.cfg" // Do not change.
seta sv_mapcycle "files/mapcycle.txt" // Change the Mapcycle at that location.
mapcycle // Without this the server wouldn't start with a mapcycle.
//map mp_shop // Without this the server wouldn't start without a mapcycle.
If you wish to run a one-map server only, change the last line (map mp_shop) to any map you wish to play.
- Run the Start Windows Server.bat file.
- Enjoy playing!
Enjoy playing around with 1fx. Mod!